Last week, I spent 4 days in Yogyakarta with my wife strolling around Gunung Kidul. And attended Neng Iphin’s wedding in Bandung on 6th of May. This third weekend reading’s post covers wide range of issues from traveling, climate change, hostage rescue, new mayor for London and maps.
- 52 Places to Go in 2016. Do you need a travel inspiration for this year? NYT narrowed it down from ancient temples to crystalline waters. [New York Times]
- From the Front Lines of Climate Change. Loren Legarda & Marcela Guerrero stress the importance of keeping global temperatures from rising by more than 1.5 degrees Celsius. [Project Syndicate]
- Who released the sailors? Untold story behind hostage rescue. Several sources told The Jakarta Post that the operation actually involved more than just old-school diplomacy. [The Jakarta Post]
- Sadiq Khan elected London’s first Muslim mayor. The new mayor of London, replacing Boris Johnson is a muslim. His name is Sadiq Khan. [CNN]
- Election 2016: Before-and-after and party strength maps. If you are wondering, what impact have the 2016 elections had on the political maps of Scotland, Wales and England? [BBC News]
Thank you for reading, and if you liked what you read, share it with your friends and ask them to subscribe to the newsletter. Just enter your email address and hit subscribe button.
Enter your email address
Photo credit: New York Times